Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cut the defecit


         The budget the spending budget for the national government is a big one. They are spending tons of money everyday on things that could be cut. Also, everytime they increase the budget the defecit goes up more and more. So do you think you can cut the defecit. In the next few paragraphs you will see the results compared amongst the clasroom. As well as the things I cut and why I cut them.
   
       One of the things I thought that should be cut is the Iraq and afghanistan wars budget. It seems like we were putting so much in there. Increased the veterans and retired military pension plans because I felt that if they fought for the country then they should have benefits. I cut 89.22 billion from military spending. I felt that International affairs were important so I left them the same. I kept many things the same and increased some ever so slightly. I cut agriculture by 2.59 billion. I increased transportation by 7 billion because I felt that if we had more eco friendly transportation , then our country would be better off. Also education was increased because, I felt that educated Americans were important for the future.
  
      I cut non-medicare health expenses and increased medicare spending. I also increased aid to lower income families. Which could be an important demagraphic in getting votes. I inceased social security because, I felt that the elderley may just move to a different country for social security still help. In the end I cut the defecit by 48 billion.

    Overall the class all cut military expenses. We also all cut Iraq and Afghanistan war operations. Many of us increased Veteran and retired military programs. But, one of us cut it. Overall I do not feel that we could all come up with a consensus. But, we possibly could I mean looking at the data we all have our own ideas and such. Really the whole idea is you can cut the budget , but can you make it work. Differences do exist. I don't really know how congress would  do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment